See the list of rules in Community Rules. In short:
- Don't insult or abuse other users.
- Don't use hate speech or racist or sexist slurs.
- Don't post unmarked spoilers.
- Don't delete and repost comments to avoid downvotes.
- Don't engage in vote manipulation. This includes creating multiple accounts to vote multiple times, or mass downvoting a user's comments to harass them.
- Write comments in English.
If a comment contains spam or breaks the rules, you can use the Report button to report it to the moderators.
All comments are formatted using DText.
Comments may be upvoted or downvoted. By default, comments with a score of -4 or lower are greyed out, and comments with a score of -8 or lower are hidden. You may adjust this threshold by changing the "Comment threshold" setting in your account settings.
You can use the comment search page to search for comments by their text, the commenter, and/or the tags on the post the comment belongs to.
You can also use these searches to find posts with comments:
- vocaloid comments:>0 (Vocaloid posts that have comments)
- vocaloid order:comment (Vocaloid posts, ordered by most recently commented on)
- vocaloid order:comment_count (Vocaloid posts, ordered by most comments)
- comment:"hatsune miku" (posts with a comment containing the phrase "Hatsune Miku")
- commenter:MD_Anonymous (posts commented on by MD_Anonymous)
Moderators can view all upvotes and downvotes on comments.
Moderators can view deleted comments. Don't delete and repost your own comments to avoid downvotes.
Moderators can sticky comments by checking the "Sticky" box. Stickied comments are highlighted and are never hidden by downvotes.