If the image is only colored in black (or a single shade of grey) and white, do not use this tag. Use monochrome instead.
- For completely colorless art, use greyscale (post #5785450).
- For a post using a single color that isn't grey, use monochrome instead of greyscale (post #5101720, post #5653986)
- For a mostly greyscale post with just a little color as a highlight, use greyscale and spot color (post #5907966, post #5747615).
- For a post using a mix of color and greyscale, use partially colored and do not use greyscale (post #5782023).
- For a colorless foreground and colorful background, use greyscale with colored background and do not use greyscale or partially colored (post #5782342, post #5753193).
- For a post that is solid black and white with few shades of grey, use high contrast and greyscale (post #3534611, post #5918308).
- For posts with a small variety of colors but more than two actual colors, use limited palette (post #5381220, post #5753576).