If you believe a post was unfairly deleted or deserves a second chance, you may appeal it. To appeal a post, click the "Appeal" link under the Options heading in the sidebar to the left of the post.
Appealing a post sends it back to the moderation queue to be reviewed again by the approvers, just like flagging does. The post has up to three days to be reviewed by the approval team. If the post is not approved after three days, the post will remain deleted. This process is the same moderation process that new uploads undergo.
Please keep your flags civil and follow the community rules when appealing.
How does the system work?
- Every appeal uses 3 upload slots. You start out with 15 upload slots and can gain more by uploading.
- You can keep appealing posts as long as you have upload slots left. Your upload slots are returned when the post is either approved or it goes unapproved after 3 days.
- You can't appeal the same post more than once.
- You can appeal any post, not just your own uploads.
- Contributors have an unlimited amount of appeals.
- You can use status:appealed or status:modqueue to see posts that are currently appealed. Approvers can use status:unmoderated to view posts they haven't approved or disapproved yet.