This page serves to describe the differences between the various user levels on Danbooru.
|View censored tags||x||x||✓||✓||✓|
|Max saved searches||-||250||1,000||1,000||No Limit|
|Max tags per search||2||2||6||No Limit||No Limit|
|Max pages per search||1000||1000||5000||5000||5000|
|Max search timeout||3s||3s||6s||9s||9s|
|Max favgroups||-||10||No Limit||No Limit||No Limit|
|API regen rate||-||1/s||4/s||4/s||4/s|
- Can't edit anything until they verify their email address. A user is restricted if they signup using a VPN or proxy.
Members and above can:
- Upload posts (subject to their upload limit).
- Favorite and vote on posts.
- Edit posts and tags.
- Flag posts (up to 5 per 3 days).
- Appeal posts (each appeal costs 3 upload slots).
- Create and edit pools.
- Create, edit, and delete wiki pages and artist entries.
- Create, edit, and delete their own comments and forum posts.
- Change the category of tags with less than 50 posts.
- Create, reject, and edit their own Bulk Update Requests.
- Send and receive DMails.
- Edit their user settings.
- Change their username (at most once a week).
- View username change history.
Gold and above can:
- Create feedbacks to other users
- Use + and - links on search pages to quickly add or remove tags to the search
- Use the mode menu in the sidebar for quicker tagging, favoriting, and upvoting.
- Have private favorites, favgroups, and upvotes.
- View the forum activity indicator. The "Forum" link in the navbar will become italicized when there are unread posts.
Builders and above can:
- Lock and unlock wiki pages.
- Delete and undelete pools.
- Change the category of any tag with less than 1000 posts.
- Approve alias or rename bulk update requests for artist tags (less than 200 posts).
Contributors and above can:
- Upload an unlimited amount of posts without being subject to the moderation queue (their posts are automatically approved). Posts can still voluntarily be sent through the modqueue.
- Appeal an unlimited number of posts.
Approvers and above can:
- Approve and undelete posts (excluding their own uploads and posts they previously approved).
- Delete posts.
- Move favorites from deleted posts to their parent post.
- Ban and unban posts.
- Flag posts without limit.
Moderators and above can:
- Promote or demote users (up to Approver level).
- View the IP and session history of other users.
- Ban users, IP addresses, and IP ranges.
- Change the name of other users (Builder and below).
- Edit or delete user feedbacks (except ones given to them).
- View who voted on comments.
- View or search who flagged a post (except on their own uploads).
- Replace the image on a post with a different file.
- Edit, delete, or sticky (prevent hiding due to downvotes) comments.
- Edit or delete forum posts.
- Delete, pin, or lock/unlock forum threads.
- Promote or demote users (up to Moderator level).
- Approve, edit, or reject bulk update requests.
- Expunge (permanently delete from the site) posts.
- Change the category of any tag.
- View who voted on posts.
- Ban or unban artist tags.
- Approve any post any number of times.
- Create site news banners.
- Member - Anyone can sign up for a free member account.
- Gold - Buy an account upgrade for $20 (one-time fee).
To advance to a higher user level, you must be promoted by a Moderator or Admin. The following are general guidelines on how to get promoted:
- Builder - Make a large number of improvements to the site, such as by uploading, translating, tagging, contributing to forum discussions or anything else that is helpful to other users.
- Contributor - Contribute a large number of high-quality uploads. It is important to have few deleted uploads (the usual case is under 5% of the total uploads submitted in the last few months).
- Approver - Have an excellent record of high quality uploads, with very few deleted. Approver promotions typically happen a few times a year, depending on the overall size of the modqueue and the number of currently active approvers, and only a handful of users are picked each time.
Platinum accounts are no longer available for upgrade.