A new feature has been added that allows approvers to replace a post's image. This allows image samples to be upgraded to the full version without having to delete the sample post and upload the full version separately.
How it works
- Replacing a post replaces the image only. Everything else in the post is left the same.
- Replacement is approvers only.
- Click the "Replace Image" link in the sidebar to replace an image. This opens a dialog where you paste in the new source.
- The source works the same way it does on the upload page: you can put in a html page and it will grab the full image. Be careful about Pixiv galleries; it will grab the first post if the link isn't for a specific page.
- DanbooruBot will leave a comment recording the details of what changed (unless the MD5 hash is the same).
- The replacement will be logged in /post_replacements too.
- The old file will be deleted from the server after 30 days. You can download it using the old md5 up until then.
- Admins can stop a deletion by cancelling the job on the /delayed_jobs page.
- issue #3785: ugoira broken
- issue #3569: id:<=2000000 (images hosted on raikou) broken
- issue #3815: Notes must be manually readjusted if the replacement is a different size
If you scrape images from Danbooru, you have to be aware that existing posts can be replaced with new images. You can use these API endpoints to track replacements:
Updated by RaisingK