The first 2017 Danbooru Survey has been completed.
I thank everyone who took the time to respond. These answers help me infer what the general sentiment is so I can prioritize future changes and policies. In the interest of openness I'd like to present the results here. In total there were 1,882 responses.
The multiple choice answers weren't that surprising. You can see the graphs in this PDF document.
Of more interest were the freeform responses. I'll try my best to summarize people's thoughts. I can provide exports if people are curious about the exact answers.
What do you most dislike about Danbooru?
- The most common complaint was about the two tag search restriction.
- A lot of resentment about how confusing and obfuscated the moderation process is.
- Some complaints about the complexity of the site and UI deficiencies.
What do you most like about Danbooru?
- The tagging system and how organized everything is.
- The large amount of high quality artwork.
Is there an outstanding bug you really wish was fixed?
Nothing much here. I will scan the results and convert the major ones into Github issues later.
Any additional comments?
Mostly just echoing the dislikes mentioned above.
So the results aren't too surprising, but it's useful to confirm suspicions. I will probably create additional surveys in the future but I don't want to inundate users with them. If there are any questions you're interested in posing to everyone let me know.