Upload Limits are restrictions imposed on basic Member, Privileged and Builder level accounts.
You may check your upload limit from your My Profile screen in the My Account control panel.
The Upload limit system works in conjunction with the Moderation Queue in preventing inexperienced uploaders from flooding Danbooru with too many low-quality images. The restriction is also implemented to keep the Moderation Queue much more manageable.
Types of Upload Limits
There are two different types of Upload Limits imposed on Danbooru:
- The One-Week Waiting Period
- New Members can only begin their first upload after being registered on Danbooru for at least a week. This is a security measure against abuse by automated upload floods.
- The Mod Queue Limit which is imposed on all Members, Privileged and Builders users.
- All uploads by users under this Limit must go through the Moderation Queue.
- Uploaders under this limit are entitled to place as many uploads in the Moderation Queue as their standing dictates.
- Getting uploads approved by the Queue, raises this upload limit.
- Getting uploads deleted by the Queue lowers this upload limit.
Explanation of the Mod Queue Limit
The Mod Queue Limit is determined by:
- The number of uploads that were Approved so far
- The number of uploads that were Deleted so far
- The number of uploads that are in the Moderation Queue.
Approvals and Deletions influence your upload limit as follows:
- For every 10 Approved uploads, you are entitled to one extra upload.
- For every 4 Deleted uploads, you are denied one upload.
Therefore the number of uploads you may have in the Mod Queue at any given time can be calculated by:
(Approved Posts / 10) - (Deleted Posts / 4)
In this way, the more Approvals from uploads you get, the more Mod Queue spots you are entitled to. As a Member, Privileged or Builder account holder, you may have up to 20 upload spots in the Mod Queue.
Permanent Upload Ban
It is possible be indefinitely blocked from uploading to Danbooru at all, by having too many low-quality uploads deleted by the Mod Queue.
Consistent high-volume uploading of high-quality illustrations may prompt Moderators and Admins to upgrade you to a Contributor, allowing you to upload images straight to Danbooru's permanent collection.