Kantai Collection (艦隊これくしょん Kantai Korekushon, lit. "Combined Fleet Collection"), abbreviated as KanColle (艦これ KanKore), is a Japanese free-to-play web browser and android app game developed by Kadokawa Games. The web browser game was launched on April 23, 2013 and an android app version is scheduled December 2015. As of January 2015, the game is available in Japan only and has 2.5 million registered players. The game has developed into a much larger media franchise; various media including multiple manga series and light novels have been released, in addition to an officially licensed tabletop role-playing game. A PlayStation Vita game was released February 2016. A television anime adaptation aired Winter 2015 with a sequel season planned, and an anime movie was released in 2016.
The gameplay is centered upon building squadrons composed of individual characters represented as cards with different attributes, and then sending said squadrons out on missions. Each of the characters are moe anthropomorphisms of World War II naval warships which are depicted as cute girls, known as "Fleet girls" (艦娘 kanmusu). These personified warships are based on real-life vessels which are explained in detail within the game; the physical characteristics, appearances and personalities of each of the girls correlate in some way to the real-life vessel. The player takes on the role of an admiral (提督 teitoku) and organises their fleets in battle in order to win. Combat is largely automated, and manual actions by the player include micromanagement such as building and repairing.
Please keep the following in mind when tagging Kantai Collection posts
- DO NOT tag images with "mecha musume". They do not accurately fit the tag's origins and would drown out other mecha musume art. Consider using rigging instead.
- DO NOT tag images with "personification". This tag was bulk edited-out in the past. Reference: topic #10067.
- DO NOT tag images with ships of the same class as "sisters". Reference: topic #10819.
- ONLY tag images with "ship", "warship" or "submarine" if an actual, literal ship or submarine is present, such as one of the kanmusu with her historical counterpart.
- ONLY tag images with "World War II" if it depicts some element of the war beyond simply the ship girl, such as a battle or historical scene.
- ONLY tag images with "Imperial Japanese Navy" if it depicts elements such as the Imperial Japanese Navy's uniforms or historical figures.
- Burning Love (phrase)
- Myoukou pose
- Nanodesu (phrase)
- Remodel (Kantai Collection)
- Waterskiing (meme)
 Wikipedia: Kadokawa Games
- "Official site"
h ttp://www.kadokawagames.co.jp/KanColle/(Dead link)
- Game portal
- Wikipedia article: 艦隊これくしょん -艦これ- (JP); Kantai Collection (EN)
- Nicopedia article
- Kancolle English Wiki