Danbooru

Read the rules before proceeding!

7bb431a64da6cda9597086d164d2923a
  • Comments
  • Share
  • Before commenting, read the how to comment guide.

    user 9851

    I'm feeling kinda weird here...

    StriderTuna

    this is a strip that deals with a possibility down the line: Sakuya dying of old age (if she is indeed human as opposed to lunarian or such); since short of becoming a magican youkai; humans aren't very long lived creatures compared to most Youkai and vampires. And it seems in this comic Mei Ling took over as headmaid.

    kow

    Life after Sakuya

    phane

    にわーん said:
    PAD END?

    We have a winner

    StriderTuna

    VanillaGUI said:
    suicide?

    doubt it; it'd most likely means that She'd let the years blend into each other as in the past. For the celebrations reminded her too much of her late maid.

    Metsys

    Where'd Sakuya's braids go?

    にわーん

    Metsys said:
    Where'd Sakuya's braids go?

    Receding hairline exists in women, too.

    BakaHoushi

    I'm thinking of starting a pool. "Soul-Crushingly Depressing"

    DarkSlushie

    BakaHoushi said:
    I'm thinking of starting a pool. "Soul-Crushingly Depressing"

    Do it!

    RaisingK

    The cake is people!! The cake is people!!

    Sunnon

    にわーん said:
    PAD END?

    ;_;

    tonylin2

    tears are dropping~~!!! TT.TT

    Krugger

    there is i shiver down the centre of my spine and its not fear

    Roux

    Cry every time and yet I still read this ;-;

    Torent Y Underkig

    @ Zhuo Xing

    Sakuya started the tradition of counting Remilia's birthday. I assume this is 30 years after Sakuya started the tradition.

    Very sad, though.

    Zhuo Xing

    Torent_Y_Underkig said:
    Sakuya started the tradition of counting Remilia's birthday. I assume this is 30 years after Sakuya started the tradition.

    Very sad, though.

    Yes I know it.But isn't 30 years a bit too short?I mean Sakuya could have lived longer and counted Remilia's Birthday for as long as 80 or 90 years as she's only in her mid-teen?Unless she died being killed..

    Pingchan1

    Zhuo_Xing said:
    Yes I know it.But isn't 30 years a bit too short?I mean Sakuya could have lived longer and counted Remilia's Birthday for as long as 80 or 90 years as she's only in her mid-teen?Unless she died being killed..

    Pssh, Sakuya wouldn't die even if you kill her!
    ..
    Oh wait a minute, I forgot what post I was reading..
    *resumes producing tears* T_T

    Domura

    Zhuo_Xing said:
    Yes I know it.But isn't 30 years a bit too short?I mean Sakuya could have lived longer and counted Remilia's Birthday for as long as 80 or 90 years as she's only in her mid-teen?Unless she died being killed..

    Stopping time doesn't mean you can stop your own aging.

    ChrisNemo

    Domura said:
    Stopping time doesn't mean you can stop your own aging.

    I think you missed Zhuo_Xing's point. He's saying she's only in her mid-teens (so far as we know), so if you tack on 30 years (worth of counting Remilia's birthdays), that puts her in the 40-something range. That's only half the average human lifespan. Regardless of her inability to stop her own aging, without some outside stimulus she should still be alive and well at that age.

    'Thant

    ChrisNemo said:
    I think you missed Zhuo_Xing's point. He's saying she's only in her mid-teens (so far as we know), so if you tack on 30 years (worth of counting Remilia's birthdays), that puts her in the 40-something range. That's only half the average human lifespan. Regardless of her inability to stop her own aging, without some outside stimulus she should still be alive and well at that age.

    I think it's also possible to take into account her possibility to stall time. If it saw frequent use, as one could get the impression it does in the daily maintenance of the mansion, she would appear to age faster than everyone else, on account of living for more hours each day?

    user 99484

    You'd think Remilia wouldn't try to make her a vampire if she desperately wanted her not to die?

    But the possibility of Sakuya having been a vampire hunter and therefore refusing should also be taken into account...

    BlueMaster

    datsylel said:
    You'd think Remilia wouldn't try to make her a vampire if she desperately wanted her not to die?

    But the possibility of Sakuya having been a vampire hunter and therefore refusing should also be taken into account...

    Remilia can't turn anyone into a vampire dude.

    krisslanza

    There are a few doujins dealing with Remilia, usually forcing, Sakuya to become a vampire.

    Also it might've been 30 years since Sakuya died? Youkai outliving humans is a common theme, and in a Marisa x Alice doujin, Marisa lives to be about 70-90 years old before she dies.

    Hagiwara

    In a sense, stopping time makes her life shorter.
    And Sakuya does it a whole lot.
    Her lifespan would have been drastically shortened because of this.
    Thus, less than 50 would seem normal, yes?

    MMaestro

    Hagiwara said:
    In a sense, stopping time makes her life shorter.
    And Sakuya does it a whole lot.
    Her lifespan would have been drastically shortened because of this.
    Thus, less than 50 would seem normal, yes?

    Yeah, stopping time would make your life shorter, but you have to REALLY abuse it to take some serious long-term damage from it. Its not like she stops time for hours everyday.

    arnoldstrife

    MMaestro said:
    Yeah, stopping time would make your life shorter, but you have to REALLY abuse it to take some serious long-term damage from it. Its not like she stops time for hours everyday.

    But she does, she cleans the whole Scarlet Devil Mansion everyday. I imagine that takes several hours. Also think of lack of modern medicine. We have Eirin but if you needed any major surgery you would be screwed. I think the average human lifespan has to be shorter in gensouko than like japan. If we compare it to feudal japan their life expectancy was about 50 years.

    MMaestro

    arnoldstrife said:
    But she does, she cleans the whole Scarlet Devil Mansion everyday. I imagine that takes several hours. Also think of lack of modern medicine. We have Eirin but if you needed any major surgery you would be screwed. I think the average human lifespan has to be shorter in gensouko than like japan. If we compare it to feudal japan their life expectancy was about 50 years.

    Sakuya is not the only maid in the whole Scarlet Devil Mansion. Shes the Head Maid, a lot of fans simply don't acknowledge the no-name-no-face maids for simplicity sake.

    And unless Sakuya suddenly develops cancer or someone gets serious and does some lethal-if-untreated damage, theres nothing really "serious" a 1000+ year old medical expert like Eirin can't handle.

    Byakugan01

    MMaestro said:
    Sakuya is not the only maid in the whole Scarlet Devil Mansion. Shes the Head Maid, a lot of fans simply don't acknowledge the no-name-no-face maids for simplicity sake.

    And unless Sakuya suddenly develops cancer or someone gets serious and does some lethal-if-untreated damage, theres nothing really "serious" a 1000+ year old medical expert like Eirin can't handle.

    The only other maids are the fairy maids...and they literally can do nothing other than prepare their own meals. Sakuya does all the work herself.

    LaserShark

    Actually, the answer is probably much simpler: Sakuya started the 'Remi's Birthday' tradition much later than the time period the Touhou games take place in, maybe 40-50 years down the line. Then Sakuya passes away about 25 years later, five more years pass... then we get this.

    banmenot

    StriderTuna said:
    Sakuya dying of old age (if she is indeed human as opposed to lunarian or such);

    Except that Lunarians, while ageless, are indeed humans. That's just a technicism, though, and what you mean is still right.

    Meakashi

    First: My eyes started to water when I read this the first time.

    Second: Most arguments have been brought up already, but nobody thought of the possibility that the "receding hairline" in the photo could be an indication for cancer or some other incurable disease.

    Also, she stops time many hours a day to clean the mansion. It's a fact that the fairy-maids can only prepare their own meal and mostly only act as staff for looks.

    OmniGman

    sgcdonmai said:
    Only because she's a light eater.

    More pertinently,

    after Remi and Sakuya defeat Mokou in Imperishable Night's Extra Stage, Remilia could have forced Sakuya to eat Mokou's liver and become immortal, but she didn't. In fact, she seemed pretty upbeat when Sakuya refused it as a suggestion.

    So, wait, its confirmed that eating the liver of a Hourai immortal such as Mokou or Kaguya confers their form of immortality upon the eater? I can see why Sakuya refused! In that case she'd outlive Remilia and everyone else in the mansion!

    Corbun

    MMaestro said:
    Yeah, stopping time would make your life shorter, but you have to REALLY abuse it to take some serious long-term damage from it. Its not like she stops time for hours everyday.

    the answer is very very simple. if anyone knew ANYTHING about touhou they would know that sakuya stops even to sleep. she stops time to sleep, she stops time to clean everything at once, and it is also implied that the fairies are just about useless and she has to handle most of the work herself otherwise the fairies would just make a mess. remi would no doubt realize this (that Sakuya's excessive work to satisfy her is killing her faster and faster

    PanzerIV

    Okay, I got question. Where's Patchy? I didn't see patchy anywhere in here.

    Desu Cake

    Also remember that we don't know when Sakuya started this tradition. (Unless it's mentioned in some of the endings I haven't seen) It's entirely possible that she didn't start the tradition until she was in her 50's or 60's, or possibly even later.

    Zhuo Xing

    They've made a video out of this comic strip.Is there a continuation after the last panel?