Danbooru

Read the rules before proceeding!

Topic: Upload Feedback Thread - post here if your uploads keep getting deleted

Posted under General

tacoman84

I uploaded 5 images which were rejected by the mods. Not sure why at all. Would be nice if I could know why. Kind of makes me not want to contribute in the future...

2911649
2911659
2911656
2911652
2911665

  • ID: 138813
  • Permalink
  • Chiera

    tacoman84 said:

    I uploaded 5 images which were rejected by the mods. Not sure why at all. Would be nice if I could know why. Kind of makes me not want to contribute in the future...

    post #2911649
    post #2911659
    post #2911656
    post #2911652
    post #2911665

    Well, all of this lacks acceptable anatomy and also the shading looks pretty flat.
    Would be better if you instead look at what gets uploaded by users who have unlimited ups or users that are close to get the unlimited upload permission (for example user:kudus got promoted recently, but you can also "stalk" other user's uploads to catch a good grasp of what's acceptable.

  • ID: 138814
  • Permalink
  • CodeKyuubi

    Chiera said:

    Well, all of this lacks acceptable anatomy and also the shading looks pretty flat.
    Would be better if you instead look at what gets uploaded by users who have unlimited ups or users that are close to get the unlimited upload permission (for example user:kudus got promoted recently, but you can also "stalk" other user's uploads to catch a good grasp of what's acceptable.

    The anatomy looks fine compared to some of the bad anatomy that gets on Danbooru. It's not bad anatomy, but it's not great either. Very average.

  • ID: 138815
  • Permalink
  • tacoman84

    These are totally average pics but not delete worthy by far. There's a lot of garbage on here and these aren't approved? Huh.

  • ID: 138822
  • Permalink
  • Chiera

    tacoman84 said:

    These are totally average pics but not delete worthy by far. There's a lot of garbage on here and these aren't approved? Huh.

    Flag the so-called garbage.
    And yes, there is indeed a lot of garbage. But instead of complaining, I#d say one should help cleaning up the gallery then so this argument "there is worse approved stuff" will finally die out.

  • ID: 138825
  • Permalink
  • nonamethanks

    tacoman84 said:

    These are totally average pics but not delete worthy by far. There's a lot of garbage on here and these aren't approved? Huh.

    Then flag what you think is not appropriate for the site. Those pics are pretty sub-average for Danbooru - they even lack any kind of competent shading.

  • ID: 138826
  • Permalink
  • Unbreakable

    tacoman84 said:

    These are totally average pics but not delete worthy by far. There's a lot of garbage on here and these aren't approved? Huh.

    The argument "There are worse posts approved" will never get you anywhere and you should never use it.

  • ID: 138827
  • Permalink
  • JHDX

    Excuse me, how is this post breaking the rules exactly? Is it because it looks a little western?

    post #2912682

  • ID: 138833
  • Permalink
  • CodeKyuubi

    JHDX said:

    Excuse me, how is this post breaking the rules exactly? Is it because it looks a little western?

    post #2912682

    Not just a little, it's pretty western. The eyes are small and the facial features are highly articulate, unlike his street fighter images where the eyes are larger and facial features are simplified in eastern-style. You can still see some anime-stylization in how their expressions are constructed, but there isn't enough eastern influence in the image.

  • ID: 138841
  • Permalink
  • JHDX

    CodeKyuubi said:

    Not just a little, it's pretty western. The eyes are small and the facial features are highly articulate, unlike his street fighter images where the eyes are larger and facial features are simplified in eastern-style. You can still see some anime-stylization in how their expressions are constructed, but there isn't enough eastern influence in the image.

    I'm pretty sure there's a lot of western looking pieces on this website, some more so than others. But I really don't think the piece I posted is breaking any rules on this website. I could probably find examples of art that looks very western, made by western or eastern artists, for western or eastern properties, and If you ask me the piece looks pretty eastern. But I'm not a admin or anything like that, so I probably don't have a lot of say in the matter.

    Updated by JHDX

  • ID: 138844
  • Permalink
  • nonamethanks

    JHDX said:

    I'm pretty sure there's a lot of western looking pieces on this website, some more so than others. But I really don't think the piece I posted is breaking any rules on this website. I could probably find examples of art that looks very western, made by western or eastern artists, for western or eastern properties, and If you ask me the piece looks pretty eastern. But I'm not a admin or anything like that, so I probably don't have a lot of say in the matter.

    Danbooru is primarly an eastern style imageboard. Some pictures may get a pass, but they're few and far in between, and they probably wouldn't survive a flag. Furthermore, "X is already on the site" is never a justification to expect similar pictures to get approved, as someone already pointed out in response to someone else above.

    As for the "x believe it breaks the rules" message above the post, emphasis is on "believe"; and "moderator" here means "queue moderator", not "site moderator", so don't be too upset that it was marked as such, as that is still a question of personal taste.

  • ID: 138847
  • Permalink
  • JHDX

    nonamethanks said:

    Danbooru is primarly an eastern style imageboard. Some pictures may get a pass, but they're few and far in between, and they probably wouldn't survive a flag. Furthermore, "X is already on the site" is never a justification to expect similar pictures to get approved, as someone already pointed out in response to someone else above.

    As for the "x believe it breaks the rules" message above the post, emphasis is on "believe"; and "moderator" here means "queue moderator", not "site moderator", so don't be too upset that it was marked as such, as that is still a question of personal taste.

    I understand, it just bothered me a bit.

  • ID: 138848
  • Permalink
  • Chiera

    Manhe said:

    post #2913898.
    I would like to know what was found rejectable here.

    @Manhe
    I know it got approved, but this kind of content is really dangerous to upload, especially when the scan 1. has no source and 2. has not the best lighting. You can still upload such scans, but expect them to have a harder time than normal.
    Image per se is fine, even when the style is more outdated (so not so many liked the post per se).

  • ID: 138898
  • Permalink
  • ion288

    Chimera99 said:

    post #2906050 (parant)

    post #2906057 (child)

    Her neck is to long and not centred on her torso. Her left hand is to small. Her right armpit looks deformed, like she is leaning on an invisible crutch.

    I suspect the pencil medium and the putty like oversized breasts turned some approvers away.

  • ID: 138982
  • Permalink
  • ion288

    chinatsu said:

    Only? I'd say that's a pretty reasonable number of mods.

    It is less than half of them. But many will judge from thumbnails alone and most mods have blacklisted tags they would not see or approve. Also I know it has been approved now but official art is not really an argument for getting a post approved.

  • ID: 139058
  • Permalink