Danbooru EX is a userscript that adds a variety of enhancements and new features to Danbooru, to make the site faster and easier to use. See https://github.com/evazion/danbooru-ex for a full overview with demos of what it does.
Install this script: https://github.com/evazion/danbooru-ex/raw/stable/dist/danbooru-ex.user.js.
To configure the script, go to My Account > Settings > EX Settings, or click the Settings link at the very bottom of the page.
- Search bar and mode menu available on every page.
- Preview panel: Select Preview from the Mode menu then click a thumbnail. A panel will appear showing you the full post without leaving the page.
- Redesigned tag script mode: Clicking thumbnails selects the post and opens a preview instead of applying tags immediately. After your posts are selected, click Apply or press Shift+A to apply tags. This helps you avoid mistagging posts, lets you select posts in bulk, and lets you see the full image as you work.
- Resizeable tag sidebar: collapse it to get more space, or expand it to read long tags that normally wrap around the tag list.
- Many more: see https://github.com/evazion/danbooru-ex for the full list.
- v2284 (2016-11-11): https://github.com/evazion/danbooru-ex/blob/v2284/dist/danbooru-ex.user.js
New Release (v2284)
Major changes for this release:
- Firefox support.
- Live preview when editing notes (demo)
- A way to show more posts in the upload / favorites / saved search sections on user profiles (demo).
- Add button to show more posts in uploads / favorites / saved search sections on user profiles (demo).
- Add as-you-type live preview when editing notes (demo).
- Add "ctrl+enter to submit" shortcut for wiki entries / comments / forum posts (or any other dtext box).
- Add option to enabling looping by default for video with sound posts.
- Add option to mute video with sound posts by default.
- Make long usernames (e.g. GiantCaveMushroom) wordbreak better in comments and forum posts.
- Performance improvements.
- Fix brokenness on Firefox.
- Fix thumbnail hover previews to work for webm/mp4/ugoira posts.
- Fix sidebar squashing issues by fitting images to screen width.
- Make preview panel work on /post_versions, /post_flags, /post_appeals.
Here's a userscript I've been working on. It's unfinished and there are known bugs, but I'm releasing it now because it's already increased my tagging and browsing productivity a lot. Using this, I was able to tag +10k greyscale posts fairly quickly. I also used it to collect the ~2000 bad nintendo edits from topic #13160 in short order.
- Thumbnails on post history page: https://gfycat.com/ClearcutCloseAntelopegroundsquirrel
- Tagging a pool of 100+ posts in a few seconds: https://gfycat.com/IllfatedMildHalicore
- IDs on comments / forum pages: https://i.imgur.com/PCWWrh9.png / https://i.imgur.com/IhlFv5E.png
Get TamperMonkey (for Chrome): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en
Install this: https://github.com/evazion/danbooru-ex/raw/stable/danbooru.user.js
Github repo: https://github.com/evazion/danbooru-ex
Add search bar to top of page.
I know, it's different. Give it a chance, it makes a lot of sense:
- Gives you room to see your entire search.
- Search from any page.
- Use the mode menu and tagscripts on any page.
- Don't have to scroll back up to search or fix tag scripts (handy at 100 posts per page).
- Gives a sane place to put blacklist controls and other settings (not implemented yet).
Faster tag scripting
- Drag and highlight to select multiple posts at once.
- Ctrl+A to toggle between select everything / select nothing.
- Shift+A to apply tag script to selected posts.
- Also useful for mass unfavoriting posts in Unfavorite mode.
Add more global hotkeys:
- Escape: Close popup notices.
- Shift+1..9: Switch to page 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Shift+0: Switch to last page.
- Shift+Q: Focus search box and select text inside.
- V: Switch to view mode (the default).
- T: Switch to tag script mode.
- E: Edit mode.
- F / Alt+F: Favorite / Unfavorite mode.
- U / Alt+U: Upvote / Downvote mode.
- Alt+S, Alt+Q, Alt+E: Rate Safe / Questionable / Explicit mode.
- V and T are very useful for quickly switching in and out of tag script mode.
Add more hotkeys for posts:
- U / Alt+U: Upvote / Downvote.
- Alt+S, Alt+Q, Alt+E: Rate Safe / Questionable / Explicit.
Add thumbnails to /post_versions page
- Essential for reviewing the correctness of people's tag edits.
Use relative times ("6 minutes ago") instead of absolute times ("2016-09-07") everywhere
- Makes pages like the forum and post histories more readable to me.
Smooth scrolling with W/S keys
- By default scrolling with W and S is too jerky to be usuable.
Make middle click open thumbnails in tag script mode
- Normally middle click applies tag scripts, which prevents you from opening thumbnails in tag script mode. This fixes that.
Add comment #1234 links to comments
Add forum #1234 links to forum posts.
Updated by evazion