Danbooru

"Real" people?

Posted under General

Just to build on what albert said, I won't approve any photos of real people, personally. And I've deleted a large number of older ones as they get bumped in comments and such. There are many other sites for photos of women.

An interesting question is uploading anime-style pictures based on real people, like mako-hime and kako-hime. I uploaded a few safe pics of each, but I probably wouldn't upload any explicit pictures, of them, and I'd think long and hard about uploading questionable ones.

The last thing we want to do is to piss the Imperial Household Authority off.

Wikipedia said:
Princess Mako has been something of an internet idol since 2004, when images of her in sailor fuku appeared on television. An image repository was set up, and a video featuring fanart of Princess Mako (with background music by IOSYS) was uploaded onto the popular video sharing website Nico Nico Douga, attracting over 340,000 views and 86,000 comments. The Imperial Household Agency, responding to a request for comment, stated that they are not sure how they should handle this phenomenon, since they see no signs of slander or insults against the imperial family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Mako_of_Akishino

Jiggles said: So, real life girls cosplaying isn't allowed then?

Seems hit or miss. Most cosplay is not good so you're better off not uploading it. Some seems get to approved, though (but not by me).