Danbooru

Request for Double Deletion

Posted under General

RaisingK said:
I disagree with rantuyetmai's second reason. Normal deletion is good enough, even when it's the uploader. It isn't blocking the correct upload like that corrupted post, so why bother?

Umm... I was only thinking of making the database cleaner. Normal deletion is okay for test janitor +, but could be a burden for normal user upload threshold.

But if the requests are going to flood the thread then I'll knock the reason out.

Normal deletion is good enough, even when it's the uploader. It isn't blocking the correct upload like that corrupted post, so why bother?

On the contrary I might ask - why not?
As I said, this was an accident. I never intended to post artifacted version (and the correct post done right after I saw my mistake proves this), hence my request for dd.
Typical normal deletion is when posts is done intentionaly but it's not accepted by danbooru mods.

One accidental upload isn't going to hurt you. On the other hand, if you're careless and accidentally upload bad posts all the time then that should be reflected in your deleted post count. Double deleting accidental uploads would make it harder to keep track of these uploaders.

In other words if you post something wrong and even if you notice it, it's always better for you to keep your mouth shut and do nothing for these 3 days at least (maybe it'll be accepted anyway?)

Lesson learned.