Danbooru

Upload Feedback Thread - post here if your uploads keep getting deleted

Posted under General

He meant fence not you, that being the reason why he quoted fence.

You're doing better but for some bizarre reason you still appealed let alone uploaded that RE image despite the giant thighs, jello boobs, and monster sex.

Scanned doujins are not a good way to make your entrance into the uploading community. So to speak.

They just aren't what the site is primarily here for.

(yes, there are numerous exceptions. No, there isn't any particular rule as to what is or is not given an exception)

Also, please look into the proper formatting of links and such.

Fencedude said:
Scanned doujins are not a good way to make your entrance into the uploading community. So to speak.

They just aren't what the site is primarily here for.

(yes, there are numerous exceptions. No, there isn't any particular rule as to what is or is not given an exception)

I am wondering more on the legality on uploading commercial works though (Since it is a recent C78 release and whatnot).

F.I.A said:
I am wondering more on the legality on uploading commercial works though (Since it is a recent C78 release and whatnot).

Uploading pretty much anything (from pixiv pics to scanned doujins) is technically illegal.

F.I.A said: Pardon me for reciting, but what is the current take on scanned doujins in general? A group of uploaded scans was not approved in under 3 days, yet it is not written on the wiki regarding this matter.

I'd like for us to move away from posting so many of these, but it's not against the TOS. There is a somewhat arbitrary distinction in place for commercial manga releases, which are a hard TOS violation. Not because they're fundamentally different but because so little of it is posted that we actually have an opportunity to stop it from becoming as deeply ingrained a part of the site as doujins have become. And it's an opportunity worth taking.

Doujin, at least doujin not freely posted on an artist's website/pixiv (like chibi miku), really shouldn't be posted either. However it's just too much of a site culture change to put that kind of ban in place right now.

Personally, I've just recently decided that I won't approve doujin anymore, even good ones. I'll probably forget from time to time, especially if I see a good one, but I'm going to be making an effort to allow as few exceptions as possible. I can't speak for other janitors/mods though, nor can I tell them not to approve it when there's no rule against it.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I'd like to weigh in on this one too.

I've had almost half of what I uploaded fail to be approved. (In case you're going to me "well maybe what you upload just sucks", it would be nice for you to look at the posts first.) There is nothing really objectionable as far as I can see about most of them - sure, some of them are not Rembrandts, and a few of them I understand: I see a watermark, a poorly drawn image, and one that I think could be considered "too small". I notice another one marked with "jpeg artifacts" - sadly, this is the way the image came off of the artist's site.

As has been pointed out, though, that sometimes uploads from an already-featured artist are let to lapse. Sometimes pictures that are in the same "series" (similar character, etc) will have one approved, and another not. In fact, when this happened, I appealed the second one on the basis of the first; however, this resulted in a different moderator deleting both of them. Is there a reason why one moderator's opinion is more important than the other's? By this standard, I'd expect to see the entirety of an artist's works purged or returned to the moderation queue whenever a new picture by them isn't up to "standard".

The point is that the site is heavily biased towards those who are already contributors, and it creates a negative atmosphere. The current message that I end up getting is "your uploads are not appreciated."

In the end, you are expecting the non-contributors to submit images of a higher standard than the contributors themselves, and this defeats the entire purpose of creating a class of people who are not moderated.

tl;dr: I suggest either holding contributors to the same strict standards, or a comprehensive review of the moderation process. Going through the archive and applying these basic rules to already-approved images would help maintain the quality of this board just as much as the moderation process. Instead of just tagging something as "poorly drawn" or "jpeg artifacts", for instance, return it to the moderation queue. Creating a set of objective criteria for moderators to follow would also be a good start.

Updated

Kamenoshi said:
I've had almost half of what I uploaded fail to be approved.

Nine posts; you've barely gotten started.

Kamenoshi said:
(In case you're going to me "well maybe what you upload just sucks", it would be nice for you to look at the posts first.) There is nothing really objectionable as far as I can see about most of them

There's more to it than that. Yours seem to be mostly just "meh"--they aren't absolutely terrible and they don't seem to break any rules... they just aren't that great, either, and no one happened to like them. If you want better odds, raise your standards.

Kamenoshi said:
As has been pointed out, though, that sometimes uploads from an already-featured artist are let to lapse. Sometimes pictures that are in the same "series" (similar character, etc) will have one approved, and another not.

So? Just because a few of an artist's images made it through doesn't mean they're all up to standard. Making that argument for a series/character is completely ridiculous. Appealing on the basis of existing content has been shot down many times before in the deletion appeals thread.

Kamenoshi said:
In fact, when this happened, I appealed the second one on the basis of the first; however, this resulted in a different moderator deleting both of them. Is there a reason why one moderator's opinion is more important than the other's?

I only see one post that made it through the first time and later got deleted: post #540575. Note the reason for the deletion: "Unapproved in three days after returning to moderation queue". It went through the queue again, and no one liked it.

Kamenoshi said:
The current message that I end up getting is "your uploads are not appreciated."

Um... that's right. They aren't. Well, the ones that weren't approved, at least.

Updated

RaisingK said:
Um... that's right. They aren't. Well, the ones that weren't approved, at least.

Perhaps I should have phrased that as the effort is not appreciated.

It went through the queue again, and no one liked it.

Clearly someone liked it enough to be approved the first time, which was my point.

Kamenoshi said:
Perhaps I should have phrased that as the effort is not appreciated.

It isn't. Needs more effort.

Kamenoshi said:
Clearly someone liked it enough to be approved the first time, which was my point.

...And not enough to approve it the second time. Or if they weren't paying attention the second round, no one else out of the entire approving staff liked it. It isn't a good image, really. Let it go.

Janitors (and everyone else above Privileged for that matter) aren't perfect--that's why we have both an option to send images back to the queue and a thread to make appeals. Your case was reevaluated by many different users, and it failed. Deal with it, and try improving yourself before flinging out all these accusations and demanding everybody else revamp the system.

jxh2154 said:
#2 - Danbooru may simply not be an appropriate place for your favorite art. If so, accept this and move on.
#3 - Try not to be too thin-skinned,and don't take things personally.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 359