Danbooru

Pointless Pools

Posted under General

pool #1677 (Perfect Breasts). I'm not sure if this is supposed to be similar to pool #1214 (Dat Ass!) but there's only 1 post inside of it and it doesn't seem like it'll go anywhere. Possibly because people are less picky about breasts, but I dunno.

pool #1669 (Jacked!). Good description and has potential but completely empty. Unknown if we should keep it or just do away with it.

pool #1666 (Ruining the glorious moment). Same as above but only has 1 post in it. Likewise, has potential.

TaoSekai said: pool #1677 (Perfect Breasts).

Well, again, we have other body part pools. I just assume there must be another breast one already in existence, however.

pool #1669 (Jacked!)
pool #1666 (Ruining the glorious moment)

Not sure why they don't have anything (deleted maybe) but if the idea is more or less sound I'll leave it.

pool #1262 (Touhou - Roast Ribs) - Empty
pool #1238 (K-on! - Black Time) - Empty

Apparently we keep pools around even when all items in them are deleted.

pool #1561 (Told you not to do that) - Has pictures that can easily go in pool #1246 (Nice Knowing You). Seems redundant and all the pictures in there should go into the Nice Knowing You pool.

Nice knowing you is supposed to be before the fact, as far as I can tell. I still think this is a dumb pool, but whatever.

The you_gonna_get_raped tag is much more specific, but which means it would also fit the pool's definition.
Since they're already tagged they could probably be removed from the pool, but the pool itself is fine imho, though I used to be dubious at first. I just wish people would stop to add clearly off-topic content or remove on-topic stuff they don't understand. But that's a public pool anyway.

Well, in that case, just mention your reasons when claiming the pool is pointless. That makes it a lot easier for me to decide.

Though for some of them, it can be tough to choose which tag to use. Like post #613108 ...peeping, I guess? That seems to have the most general wiki definition of the three as defined here.

I'll delete the pool after the images are given tags

Solude0 said:
pool #1499
'I, personally, don't consider any Touhou pairings unlikely.'
That pretty much kills the purpose.

No one cares about a line some random user (if not yourself) added to the description. Keep your complaints out of the pool.

Cyberia-Mix said:
Fine if you want to purge Touhou from the pool but the posts need to be moved to a new one then. The number of characters is just too high for you to try combinations, and everyone would have to do the same since search results can't be shared between users. That's also what pools are for imho.

Putting the matter of 1499 aside, we don't need a pool specifically for Touhou couples any more than we do for any other series. Do a search for touhou chartags:2 or touhou chartags:2 yuri if you want your Touhou pairings that badly.

RaisingK said:
touhou chartags:2 yuri

Considering that the pool feature is mainly used by member level users and notably because of the tag search limit, that's basically discouraging the use of pools for that reason and tell members to get priv instead. Opinions aside there's no such policy right now.

Besides, I'll be repeating myself but pools are (currently, at least) a tool for sharing. Because you possibly don't care enough about touhou yuri yourself to go through the hassle of browsing 2300+ posts, and most people don't either. Having a pool fed over time by everyone with what they randomly come across while browsing the site is much more convenient effort wise.

Cyberia-Mix said:
Considering that the pool feature is mainly used by member level users and notably because of the tag search limit, that's basically discouraging the use of pools for that reason and tell members to get priv instead. Opinions aside there's no such policy right now.

forum #39024

Besides, I'll be repeating myself but pools are (currently, at least) a tool for sharing. Because you possibly don't care enough about touhou yuri yourself to go through the hassle of browsing 2300+ posts, and most people don't either. Having a pool fed over time by everyone with what they randomly come across while browsing the site is much more convenient effort wise.

That may be a good reason for a subjective pool such as "cuteness," but when the pool can easily be replicated by tags, it falls flat.

Hillside_Moose said:
That may be a good reason for a subjective pool such as "cuteness," but when the pool can easily be replicated by tags, it falls flat.

I don't see how it's easily replicated when browsing thousands of search results takes hours or days while browsing a pool just takes several minutes.
Then again, think of the sharing aspect. Let's admit I actually went through 146 pages of touhou yuri just for the sake of getting something like 5-10 pages of rare pairings in total. Next user who wants the same thing has to go through the same hassle. And the one after him, etc. Making a pool of my search results saves that time to them.
Do we really need to spare pools so bad that we can't allow some of them to be used to make the everyday site use a little easier? I'd be worried if it could lead to a lot of abuses but how often do you see pools that would equal to thousands posts through tag searches? And how are subjective pools better from that point in the first place?

Hillside_Moose said:
forum #39024

I've read that. As I said in my two previous messages this pool's contents really aren't something you easily replicate with tag searches.
But right, my previous post sounds like I'm advocating the use of pools to bypass the tag search limit. It's not so much about the limit but tag searches' usefulness in general with certain pools.
And I was referring to http://danbooru.donmai.us/help/pools btw. Right now users have no way to tell what reasons should warrant the use of a pool apart from the presence of a common theme.

Updated

Too much text to read but it looks like the no-Touhou part of the pool description was removed, as it should be. Touhou can go in it as easily as anything else.

And I deleted that androgynous pool linked above as being tag-redundant.

1 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 164