Danbooru

How many <insertname>booru's are there?

Posted under General

This topic has been locked.

I've seen quite a few, some suck, some are ok. When the old Danbooru died, I found Gelbooru, and still use it. It's pretty good, but this new site we have here seems to be much more organized and Gelbooru didn't seem to have a forum or anything like that.

What others are out there?

Updated by Bapabooiee

Or just click this http://pinochan.net/overbooru

Of the list on The Overbooru about a third are actually running a version of Danbooru. The rest appear to be running various versions of Shimmie (except for lol Sagubooru). The upside of Shimmie is it can be installed on just about any web host out there, apparently. The downside is it can be installed on just about any web host out there which means generally most of the Shimmie based 'booru sites are kind of slow.

Burrowowl does not appear to be about owls, Pandabooru does not appear to contain pandas and ero.imouto.org does not appear to actually work right now let along contain ultra high-res ero images of little sisters.

Behoimi.org does not contain pictures of bitter ex-magical girls. Probably :3

nil! said:
The upside of Shimmie is it can be installed on just about any web host out there, apparently. The downside is it can be installed on just about any web host out there which means generally most of the Shimmie based 'booru sites are kind of slow.

I'm not in "any web host" but dedicated box, but yeah it's true. Not only depends on the host, it eats a lot of system resources (Mysql 80% of them). For example if you have it hosted on dreamhost (not recommended at all) or similar hostings that give you insane resources, and you get some nice number of visits will end with your account suspended.

I would love to try danbooru software so I have chances to compare and see how much resources savvy it would be. Sadly I failed 3 times to install it. I think I might try again at christmas

Gelbooru also uses it's own software (in php though)

Updated

There was akibakko.net (which lacks "booru" in the name but is very much in the same style), but it was always rather slow and now it seems to be down. Which is too bad, I was in the middle of scouring it for anything worth uploading to Danbooru when it died.

Magus said: There was akibakko.net (which lacks "booru" in the name but is very much in the same style), but it was always rather slow and now it seems to be down.

I don't think I've ever seen a page from akibakko load in under 30 seconds. It was painful.

The only other *booru software site I use frequently is moe.imouto.org, which is for high res images.

Magus said:
There was akibakko.net (which lacks "booru" in the name but is very much in the same style)

Akibakko was a fork of an earlier danbooru snapshot, from a year or so ago, later heavily modified.

Yeah, it probably wasn't worth bumping a two year-old thread over that. Though, I checked the site... and it's actually surprisingly non-shitty, unlike the mountain of other image boards out there. I like it (plus all the content being rated safe makes it super-appealing to me), so at least there's some kind of silver lining.

But, uhh, seeing as how this thread doesn't directly pertain to danbooru itself (and has a chance of being necro-bumped again in the future), I'm thinking we should just lock it.